Photo by Kindel Media from Pexels
Cannabis contains CBD, a chemical substance that influences the brain to work better without making the user high, and THC has pain-relieving properties. Both of these substances, CBD and THC, can be extracted through the short-path distillation process. There are multiple ways to consume marijuana, and some traditional methods are:
- Inhaling Through Vaporizer.
- Eating; in the form of edibles.
- Applying as a topical remedy; lotion, spray, cream, or oil.
- Putting a few drops of oil under the user’s tongue.
Over the years, research has provided results that indicate that cannabis may be beneficial in treating certain diseases. Here are some health benefits of consuming marijuana:
- Cancer Treatment:There is evidence that oral cannabinoids or edibles are effective against nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy, and some studies have shown that smoking marijuana can also help alleviate these symptoms. Studies on cancer cells reveal that cannabinoids can slow the growth of types of cancerous cells.
- Copes With ADHD:People with ADHD find it difficult to focus on their tasks. They often struggle with cognitive skills and attention. Marijuana has a significant impact on improving concentration and helping people with ADHD. Marijuana is also considered a safer alternative to drugs like Adderall and Ritalin.
- Glaucoma Treatment:This condition puts extra pressure on the eyeballs, which becomes painful for people with this disorder. Marijuana consumption helps relieve stress on the eyeballs and provides temporary relief for glaucoma patients.
- Prevents Alcoholism:People suffering from alcoholism may try smoking pot to get themselves unhooked from alcohol. Cannabis is definitely safer than alcohol. However, even it is not 100% risk-free, substituting cannabis for alcohol can be a lively way to curb alcoholism.
- Suppresses Alzheimer’s Disease: This disease is one of the many causes of cognitive decline. As one grows older, the cognitive decline becomes almost inevitable. The endocannabinoids in marijuana contain anti-inflammatory fumes that can fight brain inflammation that causes Alzheimer’s disease.
- Helps in Weight loss: If you look around, you will find that cannabis users are rarely obese because marijuana helps your body regulate insulin and effectively control your caloric intake. In addition, you can put a few drops of CBD oil under your tongue as a form of weight loss medication.
- Regulates Diabetes:By affecting insulin, marijuana can help regulate and prevent diabetes. The American Alliance for Medical Marijuana (AAMC) research links cannabis to stabilizing blood sugar levels, lowering blood pressure, and improving blood flow.
- Fights Seizures:A few years ago, when parents said that a specific form of medication could help control a child’s seizures, medical marijuana attracted much attention.